Mailing Lists

Paul Wiener PMMAIL Discussion List <PMMAIL-L@VM.EGE.EDU.TR>
Mon, 5 Apr 1999 13:45:22 -0700

On Mon, 5 Apr 1999 21:38:10 +0200, Roger Lindmark wrote:

>>Hello,
>>
>>I have subscribed to a few network related lists. When I post a question, I would
>>like to send the same post to the other network mailing lists. I do not want to
>>send CC to the other lists, since the replies can get messy.
>>
>>Is there any way to send a mail to LIST1, LIST2.....LISTN, seperately.
>>
>>I am also aware of the BOUNCE feature. I was wondering about some
>>scripting solution to send mail to a set of mailing lists.
>>
>>Thank you in advance for any help or pointers.
>
>I have posted to three different Lists at one time. I added all three
>lists in the To: and it worked very well. No adverse effect was noted.

I believe that with your approach, the reply-situation can get even messier.

Subba Rao makes a good point. Some list administrators frown on the kind of
xposting that includes more than one list in the same envelope. That can result
in replies intended for one particular list to go to another where they will be off
topic.

--
___________
Paul Wiener