Feature Request--All Versions

Steve Marvin PMMAIL Discussion List <PMMAIL-L@VM.EGE.EDU.TR>
Mon, 5 Apr 1999 18:56:35 -0400

On Mon, 5 Apr 1999 15:32:39 -0700, Steve Lamb wrote:

>On Mon, 5 Apr 1999 21:56:20 +0200, Erik P. Olsen wrote:
>
>>I like to see a feature where you may disconnect PMMail in the midst of a
>>receive operation so that you could reconnect at some later time and only
>>receive what you haven't got.  That of course implies that the mailer has to
>>delete what was read at disconnect time, but I would be surprised if that
>>was difficult to accomplish.
>
>    This is because of the way that the POP3 protocol works.  It would work
>with IMAP, after a fashion.  But then, with IMAP, one wouldn't need to worry
>about the large attachment problem either.

Since we in the "disagreeing with Steve Lamb mode", I'll take this one. All
PMMail has to do at the "break" is close the POP3 session with "quit" and
the pop server will blow away all messages that were deleted during the
session. Alternatively if PMMail is keeping track as it downloads and
deleting all at once at the end, all it has to do at the "break" is
do that and then "quit".