Mailing Lists

Paul Wiener PMMAIL Discussion List <PMMAIL-L@VM.EGE.EDU.TR>
Mon, 5 Apr 1999 16:34:30 -0700

On Tue, 6 Apr 1999 00:54:47 +0200, Roger Lindmark wrote:

>I am not sure that you are correct. Crossposting can be inhibited by
>the fact that you have to be subscriber to be able to post to a list.
>Many lists have this restriction.

I don't see the relevance of the foregoing.

>In addition, if you hit reply to for
>this list for instance you will only reply to the list or the sender. I
>think most people use this and rarely reply to all.

The point is that when the person replies, the one list that gets put into the
address field is not necessarily the list the person meant to reply to; i.e., the list the
person was reading the message on.

>Another alternative is to save the message to draft and then make the
>needed copies to the outbox via RMB. You can then change the address
>easily for the messages to the other lists. This is fairly easy.

That may be the best solution to Subba's problem available at this time.

--
___________
Paul Wiener

paulish@paulish.com