Mailing Lists

dodger PMMAIL Discussion List <PMMAIL-L@vm.ege.edu.tr>
Mon, 5 Apr 1999 16:42:27 -0700

On Tue, 6 Apr 1999 00:54:47 +0200, Roger Lindmark wrote:

>I am not sure that you are correct. Crossposting can be inhibited by
>the fact that you have to be subscriber to be able to post to a list.
>Many lists have this restriction. In addition, if you hit reply to for
>this list for instance you will only reply to the list or the sender. I
>think most people use this and rarely reply to all.

You must be from a different part of the Internet than I am.  Over-usage
of Reply To All is a real problem, in my experience.

>Another alternative is to save the message to draft and then make the
>needed copies to the outbox via RMB. You can then change the address
>easily for the messages to the other lists. This is fairly easy.

This is an excellent suggestion.

- Shawn

dodger@softhome.net
http://www.southern.eskimo.net/dodger/

"[The Nevada Boxing Commission] has declared [Mike Tyson]
mentally fit to beat the crap out of other men."     - David Letterman