Starting PMMail 98 from browsers ?

Cristian Secara PMMAIL Discussion List <PMMAIL-L@VM.EGE.EDU.TR>
Wed, 14 Apr 1999 00:58:38 +0300

--_=_=_=IMA.BOUNDARY.HTML_4862608=_=_=_

On Tue, 13 Apr 1999 11:01:31 -0400, Michael Baum wrote:

>After much trial I've come to the conclusion that this just can't be done. I've never seen a satisfactory (read "working") solution to the general problem of getting PMMail98 to respond properly to the "mailto" URL tag. I use both IE4 and Opera 3.5, and it comes as no surprise that there are problems with Netscape as well.

Speaking about <subj.> in conjunction with:
Opera = I have no idea
Netscape Navigator 4.08 (browser alone version) + NsProto = works fine.
The only limitations (bugs ?) are that mentioned on NsProto's web page
IE4 ? I cannot remember (I'm using IE extremely rare)
IE5 = works fine, I tested these days since the present listserv thread

What's the problem ? Could you be more precise ?

>Although I use PMMail for day-to-day mail tasks, my work-around solution was simply to install Pegasus Mail to handle mailto tags.

I think a simpler work-around would be to use Outlook Express instead
(just for handling mailto tags purpose). You have to do nothing ...
just use Win9x default settings and let OE be the default mailer.

Best wishes,
        Cristi

--_=_=_=IMA.BOUNDARY.HTML_4862608=_=_=_

<HTML>

</U><FONT FACE="Arial" DEFAULT="FACE"><FONT SIZE="2" POINTSIZE="10" DEFAULT="SIZE">On Tue, 13 Apr 1999 11:01:31 -0400, Michael Baum wrote:<BR>
<BR>
<FONT COLOR=808080>&gt;After much trial I've come to the conclusion that this just can't be done. I've never seen a satisfactory (read "working") solution to the general problem of getting PMMail98 to respond properly to the "mailto" URL tag. I use both IE4 and Opera 3.5, and it comes as no surprise that there are problems with Netscape as well. <BR>
<FONT COLOR=000000 DEFAULT="COLOR"><BR>
Speaking about &lt;subj.&gt; in conjunction with:<BR>
Opera = I have no idea<BR>
Netscape Navigator 4.08 (browser alone version) + NsProto = works fine. The only limitations (bugs ?) are that mentioned on NsProto's web page<BR>
IE4 ? I cannot remember (I'm using IE extremely rare)<BR>
IE5 = works fine, I tested these days since the present listserv thread ...<BR>
<BR>
What's the problem ? Could you be more precise ?<BR>
<BR>
<FONT COLOR=808080>&gt;Although I use PMMail for day-to-day mail tasks, my work-around solution was simply to install Pegasus Mail to handle mailto tags.<BR>
<FONT COLOR=000000 DEFAULT="COLOR"><BR>
I think a simpler work-around would be to use Outlook Express instead (just for handling mailto tags purpose). You have to do nothing ... just use Win9x default settings and let OE be the default mailer.<BR>
<BR>
Best wishes,<BR>
    Cristi<BR>
<BR>

</HTML>

--_=_=_=IMA.BOUNDARY.HTML_4862608=_=_=_--