Can PMMAIL (win) do this?

Cristian Secara PMMAIL Discussion List <PMMAIL-L@VM.EGE.EDU.TR>
Thu, 15 Apr 1999 12:25:44 +0300

--_=_=_=IMA.BOUNDARY.HTML_4862608=_=_=_

On Wed, 14 Apr 1999 20:13:47 -0400, Kevin A. Foss wrote:

>Go to the Control Panel, click on the "Internet" icon and then the
>Connections tab. There should be an option to "Connect to the internet
>as needed."

Yes, you are right.

>If you only use such things when dialed up
>(e.g. you don't have a network) then I suppose it can be handy.

No, it's sinister. Supposing I have a html file on disk, saved without
pictures; one of the picture addresses link to a real internet url. If
the navigator's 'automatically load images' switch is on, any time I
look to that page, the DUN comes up. Just tested it. Horrible ...

Yes, I agree with Steve, saying to always connect first and then use
the application(s).
In fact I didn't know about this feature of DUN before (but which I
find annoying). I was thinking it's IE property only (IE seen as
stand-alone application).

Best wishes,
Cristi

--_=_=_=IMA.BOUNDARY.HTML_4862608=_=_=_

<HTML>

</U><FONT FACE="Arial" DEFAULT="FACE"><FONT SIZE="2" POINTSIZE="10" DEFAULT="SIZE">On Wed, 14 Apr 1999 20:13:47 -0400, Kevin A. Foss wrote:<BR>
<BR>
<FONT COLOR=808080>&gt;Go to the Control Panel, click on the "Internet" icon and then the<BR>
&gt;Connections tab. There should be an option to "Connect to the internet<BR>
&gt;as needed."<BR>
<FONT COLOR=000000 DEFAULT="COLOR"><BR>
Yes, you are right.<BR>
<BR>
<FONT COLOR=808080>&gt;If you only use such things when dialed up<BR>
&gt;(e.g. you don't have a network) then I suppose it can be handy.<BR>
<FONT COLOR=000000 DEFAULT="COLOR"><BR>
No, it's sinister. Supposing I have a html file on disk, saved without pictures; one of the picture addresses link to a real internet url. If the navigator's 'automatically load images' switch is on, any time I look to that page, the DUN comes up. Just tested it. Horrible ...<BR>
<BR>
Yes, I agree with Steve, saying to <FONT COLOR=000000 DEFAULT="COLOR">always connect first and then use the application(s).<BR>
In fact I didn't know about this feature of DUN before (but which I find annoying). I was thinking it's IE property only (IE seen as stand-alone application).<FONT COLOR=000000 DEFAULT="COLOR"><BR>
<BR>
Best wishes,<BR>
Cristi<BR>
<FONT COLOR=000000 DEFAULT="COLOR"><BR>

</HTML>

--_=_=_=IMA.BOUNDARY.HTML_4862608=_=_=_--