IE is an Application ? (Was Re: Can PMMAIL (win) do this?)

Joerg Bencke PMMAIL Discussion List <PMMAIL-L@VM.EGE.EDU.TR>
Fri, 16 Apr 1999 11:40:11 +0200

On Wed, 14 Apr 1999 17:45:09 -0700, Steve Lamb wrote:

>    IE is an application?  Haven't been keeping up with the news lately, have
>you?  You forget that as of IE 4.0 IE *IS* the explorer.  It *IS* the OS.
>Internet Options *IS* for the internet as a whole.  Turn it on there, go into
>PMMail with the connection down and see what happens.

Maybe we should keep marketing and reality a bit more separated ;-]

There are WWW pages who show how to deinstall IE4 from Windows 98. You
just need one or tw old dlls from 95 and thats it.
Josch
/ PGP KEY AVAILABLE FROM KEY SERVER-!-Use Email Encryption ! \
Windows98 is a 64-bit-colored Marketingversion of a 32 bit patch
for a 16 bit graphical interface for a 8 bit operating system,
designed for a 4 bit processor by a 2 bit company that can't
stand 1 bit of competition.