IE is an Application ? (Was Re: Can PMMAIL (win) do this?)

Johannes M. Posel PMMAIL Discussion List <PMMAIL-L@VM.EGE.EDU.TR>
Fri, 16 Apr 1999 21:25:55 +0200

Dear Steve,

At 11:15 16.04.99 -0700, you wrote:

>    That isn't the point.  The point is some people don't want to use IE
>ever.

Then they should get rid of 98 and install 95. I for one think (and I saw
it on
2 of my PCs) that swapping those DLLs with 95 ones get rid of explorer but
makes your system crashing more often (KERNEL32.DLL exception fault and so
on...)

>    I don't think anyone on this list would refute that Eudora 4.0 is=
 worlds
>better than Eudora 3.0.  However, I presume that anyone on this list is=
 using
>PMMail, not Eudora.  I don't think anyone on here would stand that Eudora=
 4.0
>has to be installed for the OS to the stable since we all (in theory)=
 prefer
>something else, PMMail.

You want to know why I'm using Eudora?? I'll tell you: I use PGP, and I am
German, so I have to use german Umlauts (=E4=F6=FC=DF). PMMail and his PGPSD=
K*.dll
cant
handle them, either its bad sig or the receiver can't decrypt it. So I have=
use Eudora.

>    I prefer Opera, then Netscape, then LYNX before IE.  I simply don't=
 want
>it and see no reason for the OS to fail because an application isn't
>installed.

I for one have IE5, Opera v360b3 and Netscape Negotiator (9mm) 4.51US.
Netscape
is really not the product I expected and I knew from 3.x generation. I am
sorry
to say that if you as example design webpages, Netscape is really crappy=
 with
his HTML (yeah, it really likes to crash). Don't read I'm pro Mickeysoft,
but I
think their IE (and thats v5) is really a good program. Dont forget that=
 with
IE are included many *system* enhancements and updates also!

>In fact, it tweaks me when other applications are crippled when it isn't
>installed.

What other programs are crippled??

Kind regards,
Johannes Posel

--=20
~ Johannes Posel ~ posel@gmx.net ~
~ Homepage @ http://posel.home.pages.de ~
~ Reality always seems harsher in the early morning ~
~ Made in W-Germany, content includes 100 percent electrons ~