PMMAIL-L Digest - 16 Apr 1999 to 17 Apr 1999

Dave in Phoenix AZ PMMAIL Discussion List <PMMAIL-L@VM.EGE.EDU.TR>
Sun, 18 Apr 1999 01:15:59 -0700

On Sun, 18 Apr 1999 00:00:03 +0200, someone wrote:
>I was expecting the same with IE5. But they solved 1 bug and introduced 5 more bugs :) No, it's not the moment for upgrading to IE5. It's still under development, even if officially released ...

I avoided IE4 completely using Netscape and Opera for many years. I also
avoided Windows and used OS/2 for many years.

BUT now I really love IE5.  No crashes, does so many  more time saving things
like automatic password and ID recalling by website, the fast lookups, only
having to be close to right address etc etc etc.  So sadly I'm using more and
more Microsoft products (like Word, Frontpage) also.

While IE5 is steady as a rock under Win98, I wish I could say the same for
PMMAIL.  It crashes frequently, especially when using address book or long
messages.  I have concluded however its not PMMAIL's fault but I need to
reinstall Win98.  I converted from Win 95 and have never been brave enough or
taken the time to reformat hard disk and reinstall from scratch.  I will
probably wait until I get new computer to replace this "ancient" PII 266 all
of 2+ years old and then have a clean Win98 to work from...or Windows 2000!

Dave, Liberated Christians, Phoenix AZ
Christian Poly Resource Center at http://www.libchrist.com
Promoting Intimacy & Other-Centered Loving Sexuality