PGP & TAB

Bill McCarthy PMMAIL Discussion List <PMMAIL-L@VM.EGE.EDU.TR>
Sat, 24 Apr 1999 15:31:35 -0400

On Fri, 23 Apr 1999 19:59:52 +0200, Johannes M. Posel wrote:

>At 21:14 22.04.99 -0400, you wrote:
>
>>I'm using the current standard: PGP 2.6.2
>
>Woohoo :)= Have a look @ http://www.pgpi.com something aroung
>6.0.2i has been released (RSA supported) *G* SCNR

I'm aware of the various 2.6.x, 5.x and 6.x versions.  The
problem is they are not compatible.  If you use techniques
that are not supported in 2.6.2, you are not standard -- i.e.
others can't work with you and neither can software designed
to work with 2.6.x -- you'll have problems with remailers,
nym accounts, and tools that deal with these.

You can use these new versions, but always keep a copy of
the standard around to check compatibility.

BTW, have you tried to install 6.0.2i?  I have a clean download
but the install wizard asked to install Disk 2???

Bill