PGP signatures

Cristian Secara PMMAIL Discussion List <PMMAIL-L@VM.EGE.EDU.TR>
Mon, 26 Apr 1999 05:22:34 +0300

On Sun, 25 Apr 1999 18:17:17 -0500, John Thompson wrote:

>>[...] you seem to ignore that a (PGP) encrypted
>>message is much longer than the same message, but not encrypted.
>Actually, it will usually be shorter because as part of the encryption
>process, PGP will compress the plaintext before encryption.

It could be.
I have in mind that:
- about 60% of all my outgoing messages are short (up to 15 lines)
- pictures included as attachment are usually *.GIF or *.JPG, therefore
no place for further compression
- for files included as attachment, other than pictures, I usually make
a *.RAR archive first, therefore no place for further compression

How about others ?
Hm, yes, I think you are right ...

Best wishes,
        Cristi