Autocheck for new mail - failure

Bill Wood pmmail@rpglink.com
Sun, 15 Aug 1999 07:40:42 -0700 (PDT)

Right you are. Last night, from my Injoy connect log,
the modem connection was solid for exactly 8h (480m
ending at 0041 this AM), then started cycling on 30m
centers, which with my ISP means that autocheck stopped
working. Don't know why or what it is that is timed at
480m. My Injoy timeout is set at 3,600m.

I did a manual mail check a little while ago and, as
you noted, PMMail resumed autochecking again. This is
clearly a bug. Whatever is causing the break at 480m
(in my case), PMMail should recover and resume
according to its settings.

============================

On Sat, 14 Aug 1999 13:33:08 -0700 (PDT), Steve Wendt
wrote:

>On Sat, 14 Aug 1999 09:36:39 -0700 (PDT), Bill Wood wrote:
>
>>I am not sure what the problem is, but PMMail/OS2
>>ceases to autocheck with the mail server at some point
>>and a manual check is required to dnload my email.
>
>Happens here too.  After the manual check, it does its automatic checks again.

w3

Bill Wood
Las Vegas, NV
wwwood@lv.rmci.net