Not dead yet...

Brian Morrison pmmail@rpglink.com
Fri, 27 Aug 1999 10:17:47 +0100

On Fri, 27 Aug 1999 09:42:47 +0100, Paul Hodges wrote:

>On Thu, 26 Aug 1999 16:40:19 -0700, Steve Lamb wrote:
>
>>  By proving that Linux is good for servers it gets it into the minds of
>>  corporate suits.
>
>And now Compaq are dropping Win NT for the Alpha, partly because
>Linux is doing so well.  And Linux ran on the first Intel 64-bit
>silicon, whereas the 64-bit Windows didn't.

From what I've read, it's more to do with Microsoft dropping support
for NT on the Alpha.

Highly amusing about the Merced/NT64 thing.

Now, to bring it back on topic, I've tried twice to contact Southsoft
about the PMMail upgrades. So far no luck, I really do think it is no
longer their day job and the move to Seattle was primarily prompted by
other work.

 'The village populace is jumpin' on faces, catchin' the javelin,
 Headin' the shot.' [FX: wet thud - "Oooo.."]