Not dead yet...

David Gaskill pmmail@rpglink.com
Fri, 27 Aug 1999 10:48:35 +0100

On Thu, 26 Aug 1999 16:57:32 -0700, Steve Lamb wrote:

>>From www.macromedia.com:
>
>The Director 7 Shockwave Internet Studio is the standard for creating and
>delivering powerful multimedia for the Internet, CD-ROMs, and DVD-ROMs. Rather
>than serving simple graphics and text, Director unleashes your creativity with
>the only tools powerful enough to combine graphics, sound, animation, text,
>and video into compelling content.
>
>    *shrug*  Sounds utterly boring to me except for marketing people who don't
>know what real work is.

Steve,

I agree that the Macromedia blurb is more than a bit OTT but:

The market for CDROMs is one of the fastest growing sectors of the IT industry.
Look at the executable on any CD Rom and the chances are that it was authored in
Director.

Learn to dive , get hundreds of new recipes and, for all a I know , learn to use Linux;
all on CD Rom mostly produced with Director  .

As someone involved in writing the things I can assure you that it isn't boring and it
certainly is real work!

David