Not dead yet... just smells funny

John Thompson pmmail@rpglink.com
Fri, 27 Aug 1999 07:47:46 -0500 (CDT)

On Fri, 27 Aug 1999 10:27:26 +0100, David Gaskill wrote:

>Thank you for your e-mail  with the Word 97 attachment containing the
>specification of the work you would like us to carry out for you.Unfortunately
>we am not able  to respond in Word 97 format so you will find our response in
>ASCII below. The 17 attachments to this e-mail contain the necessary
>drawings, specifications, tables and illustrations and I expect you will be able to
>sort out to which bit of the ASCII text they refer."

Isn't that the sort of thing pdf is intended to be used for?  And no risk
of macro viruses, either.  Yes, you can create pdf files under OS/2 (or
other platforms) even though Adobe doesn't provide the software to do
this.  I just print to a file using a generic postscript printer driver
and run it through ghostscript (open source; available for many platforms
including OS/2) to convert to pdf format.  Works like a champ! Chances are
your client already has the pdf reader software but if not it is a free
download from Adobe's web site or (once again) use open source ghostview
to view the pdf document.

John (john.thompson@ibm.net)