"New Mail Check" is broken

Bill Wood pmmail@rpglink.com
Sun, 29 Aug 1999 11:36:27 -0700 (PDT)

Well, it might be an network problem. I haven't a clue
why the problem occurs in my case, but it does,
virtually without fail, and has for as long as I can
remember. It may well be that my ISP's mail server
hangs up in the middle of a log on, every now and then.
But one of the key characteristics of any design is how
well it handles errors, failures, and out-of-spec
conditions. When a log-on stalls out and just hangs
there I would suggest that it should be detected by the
app and some action taken. A simple and time-proven one
is to try again. Or something. Anyway, this problem may
not be universal, but neither, apparently, is it
uncommon, and I hope some fix/patch can be provided by
the designers.

Thanks for the feedback.

w3

On Sun, 29 Aug 1999 11:00:24 -0700 (PST), Shawn Tayler
wrote:

>I've been running this version under OS/2 since it was released and have had no such problem.  I am running a 130sec cycle to check for new mail.  Never a hitch unless there was a problem with my Internet connection or the mail server itself....

w3

Bill Wood
Las Vegas, NV
wwwood@lv.rmci.net