Copy of Letter to Southsoft

Ralph Cohen pmmail@rpglink.com
Tue, 31 Aug 1999 15:24:03 -0400 (EDT)

I have forwarded a copy of the message I sent to Jimmy at Southsoft
this afternoon and I will copy the reply to this list as well.  Thanks
to everyone for their excellent suggestions and comments.

On Mon, 30 Aug 1999 18:05:52 -0400, PMMail OS/2 Support wrote:

>I do not have a complete list, the latest list I have been given is from 3/15 and it is
>what was released to the beta-testers at that time.  There have been more fixes and
>additions since then.
>
>I can't give you a cpoy of the list, but if you have any ideas or questions for it
>I can let you know if they are on the 3/15 update.

Thanks again, Jimmy.  As per your offer above, I've listed the bugs and
features that I'd appreciate you commenting on as to whether or not
they have been fixed or included in the updated versions of PMMail/2
and PMMail 98.  (I own registered copies of both).

Also, it would really be fantastic if you or someone else at Southsoft
could join the unofficial PMMail mailing list set up by Steve Lamb, so
that we users can more directly interact with your company.  It would
be nice to know that someone from Southsoft is listening and responding
to our concerns.  To join, send an email to
<pmmail-request@rpglink.com> with the word "subscribe" in the body or
send email to <listar@rpglink.com> with the words "subscribe pmmail" in
the body.

------------------

BUG: Stalled POP Retrievals - POP retrievals sometimes stall and when
they do, PMMail should recognize the situation and cause a new Fetch
cycle to run.

BUG: Find in Folders Failure - The Find function for searching folders
in PMMail/2 doesn't properly and completely search subfolders.

BUG: Timed Fetch Failure - Sometimes PMMail stops fetching the mail at
the prescribed timed intervals for no apparent reason.

BUG: 'Not Found' Message Missing - When using the FIND function in the
message read window, 'Not Found' conditions not reported in PMMail/2 as
they are in PMMail98

BUG: Black Boxes - PMMail/2 sometimes prints black boxes at end of
printed lines

BUG: Spell Checker - Certain words such as the plural of the words
"yoyo" and "yo-yo" cause PMMail/2 to hang when they are spell checked.

BUG: HTML Accented Characters - The HTML editor in PMMail 98 does not
properly recognize international characters: if you write an accented
character in HTML mode, it joins the
word with the accented vocal and the next word

BUG: Accented Folder Names - A folder created with an accented
character in PMMail/2
does not display properly under under PMMail 98

FEATURE - Allow the selection of printer fonts independent of the
display fonts.

FEATURE - Provide a 'Monospaced/Proportional' button/keystroke to allow
a quick switch between displaying mail with a monospaced or

FEATURE - Allow the creation or assignment of Signatures by folder
instead of accounts.

FEATURE - Provide a 'Fetch All Accounts' function for PMMail 98 as in
PMMail/2.

FEATURE - Provide ability to apply individual manual Filters for PMMail
98 as in PMMail/2.

FEATURE - Break button to force a 'Fetch' or Send process to terminate.

FEATURE - Add a 'Find' function to the Edit Message Window.

FEATURE - Add 'Find' and 'Find_Again' buttons to the Message Read and
Edit windows.

FEATURE - Improved spell checker with more relevant suggested
replacements for misspelled words.

FEATURE - Provide the ability for filters to move messages between
accounts.

FEATURE - Automatic HTML viewing of messages in PMMail/2 as is
currently done in PMMail 98

FEATURE - Faster operation is always appreciated, especially on older
Pentium systems.

FEATURE - Provide spelling dictionaries for other languages.

FEATURE - Integration of PMMail/2 with Netscape so that it can be used
as the default mailer for Netscape.

FEATURE - Allow the drag and drop of subfolders to other folders.

FEATURE - Enable renaming of folders by using the Alt+LMB combo like
the OS/2 WPS.

FEATURE - Provide for preconfigured Message Send and Receive Exit
Scripts (one for IBM Dialer, DOIP, Injoy, etc.)

FEATURE - IMAP support

FEATURE - Addition of 'Mark all new messages as being read' to pop-up
menu when PMMail is minimized.

FEATURE - Add CUT, COPY and PASTE functions to RMB pop-up in editing
window.

FEATURE - Allow the printing out of text that has been blocked or the
printing of a particular page instead of the entire document.