PMmail trap.

Erik P. Olsen pmmail@rpglink.com
Wed, 01 Dec 1999 09:41:40 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 29 Nov 1999 22:38:54 +0000 (GMT), Paul Ratcliffe wrote:

>>Be very careful with wru8610, or indeed wr08610. This is a fix that
>>installs a 32 bit stack, I have found it to be unreliable in some
>>circumstances. In addition, if you remove it, things get left behind
>>that can cause Java 1.1.7 and later to cause a ring 0 trap.
>>
>>I have stayed with the wr08424 update, after applying wr08423. This is
>>OK, at least for me. Of course, YMMV.
>
>I've also been there, done that, regretted it, and gone back to 8424
>which is perfectly stable.

I wonder what the difference really is between the UK-English and
US-English versions of Warp, is it just difference in spelling or are
there other differences?

I take it that you have an UK-English Warp on top of which you have added
this US-English wr08424.  Doesn't this give installation problems when
you upgrade your Warp next time?

Erik@epo.dk