Old dates crash PMMail 2000

Ralph Cohen pmmail@rpglink.com
Wed, 01 Dec 1999 11:34:31 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 01 Dec 1999 17:06:48 +0100, Krister Rosendahl wrote:

>>>But his problem was that he couldn't even get to that point.  He had
>>>his PMMail set to fetch upon startup, and it kept crashing.  In order
>>>to use the Remote Control in this case, he needs to set his options to
>>>not fetch he account on startup.  Then he would have a chance to use
>>>the Remote Control before it crashes the program.
>>>

>>If the modem or cable, etc. were disconnected before firing up PMMail
>>then the setting could be changed without crashing the program.
>>

>I never said I have PMMail set to fetch at startup. I don't.

Oops, then using the Remote Control option should take care of removing
the offending message, but like others have mentioned, the offending
message shouldn't crash the program.  However, I notice that no one
else had replicated your problem so until that happens we can't be sure
if it is isolated to your system or a problem in PMMail 2000.  I'll try
to "borrow" by daughter's Win98 system tonight to see if I can make it
happen here, or perhaps one of the PMMail support personnel on this
list could comment about whether or not this is a known problem before
then.

Ralph Cohen

rpcohen@neurotron.com