OS/2 Sendmail (was: Mail store and forward gateway setup)

Simon Bowring pmmail@rpglink.com
Thu, 02 Dec 1999 17:11:15 +0000 (GMT)

>Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think OS/2's inetd does any filtering
>based on accect/reject rules for given ports.  All it does is watch the
>ports and start the requested services when a connection request comes in.

You are correct.

Note also that due to OS/2's rather "heavy-weight" process load
and unload procedures, it's best not to use inetd (IMHO). Just
run all the individual demons you might want to use - they will
get swapped out if not used, and clients will see the OS/2 box
as being much more responsive.

Simon Bowring.