Always reindexing

Jonathan Seder pmmail@rpglink.com
Sun, 05 Dec 1999 22:02:08 -0800 (PST)

I've had to reindex only a couple of times in all the years I've used
PMMail.  But I regularly use that Rexx user exit to get my messages out
of PMMail and into Zip archives.

Could this be due to file system problems?  Have you recently tried
booting off diskettes and running chkdsk /f:3?  Have you run an antivirus
lately?

I just subscribed to the PMMail list, and after watching this traffic for
a weekend I am beginning to feel very, very great sympathy for anyone who
has to support complex software for an everyday end-user application.