PMMail keeps crashing. Very frustrating. Any advice?

Dick Reeser pmmail@rpglink.com
Thu, 09 Dec 1999 07:29:03 -0600 (CST)

On Sun, 05 Dec 1999 23:42:40 +0800 (SGT), Douglas Tan wrote:

>Yes.  Since the crashes started not too long ago, it could be 'unexpected
>data'.  The problem is finding out what...

I had a "bad message" a few months ago that caused some
sort of similar problem.  Don't remember the exact "I quit"
message but here's how I found out which message was
the culprit.

1.	Retrieved mail.  The message on which it barfed should
	now be first in the queue.
2.	Set account to retrieve using remote control
3.	set the suspect message to retrieve and try to fetch it
	keep trying messages until you find the bad guy
4.	delete the bad guy using remote control
5.	reset the account to the way it used to retrieve

It took me about 15 minutes and the problem was gone.

Hope this helps.

Dick Reeser
Logan, Iowa, USA

" back to one eleven, mark fourteen ..."