Colored Backgrounds

Cristian Secara pmmail@rpglink.com
Sun, 12 Dec 1999 03:31:17 +0200

On Sat, 11 Dec 1999 01:36:13 -0800 (PST), Steve Wendt wrote:

>Doing such things will earn you the hatred of the majority of
>e-mail users, even if they have "html readers."

1. I have observed that, giving an important message content, a
highlighted sentence (red color, different character size) has more
impact than setting message's priority option to 'high'.

2. Wish PMMail for Windows had the same option as the OS/2 already
have: 'View Message in Web Browser'. I currently receive news digests
that are HTML format. It was my explicit option at the time of
subscribing, because they are (much) more easier to read than ASCII
text.
Unfortunately a:) their HTML is very complex and b:) PMMail has
primitive HTML capabilities only.
Therefore I have to:
   change to 'view full message', save the message with *.eml
extension, double click to open as Outlook Express file;
   alternatively, set a filter to bounce the message to one of my
alternate account, inform the user (me), I then have to open Outlook
Express, fetch the mail from there
   (maybe there's another option involving user hooks, don't have the
time to find out how)

All this because of one missing option, much more easier to implement
than to make PMMail full W3C compatible ...

Best wishes,
	Cristi