Colored Backgrounds

Anders Gjerløv pmmail@rpglink.com
Sun, 12 Dec 1999 06:14:32 +0100

Hi Steve,

>> In general the designer of any business Web site will attempt to make the
>> home page load as fast as possible for exactly the reasons you suggest.
>
>    *cough*  Bullshit  *cough*
>
>    Tell that to all the designers that have Flash intros on their page.
Hmm - I do use a Flash intro on www.dabs.dk. Size is 12,5 k. Those that
don't have Flash Player installed, automatically have a javascript
version shown. 12,5 k is IMHO absolutly acceptable. Only marginally
larger (less than 1 k) the size it is for the images only.

Agreed I _could_ (I always was told that this made italics, and have
_never_ seen underlining being marked as "/" - strange!) use plain text
and no frames to hit an even larger audience, but would then seriously
have *no* visitors going beyond the first page. I get enough critisism
as it is for having a site as "boring" as some people tend to find it
:-/

Ups - drifting off topic here. Sorry!

Regards,
Anders