Colored Backgrounds

David Gaskill pmmail@rpglink.com
Mon, 13 Dec 1999 11:39:04

--Original Message Text---
From: Dave in Phoenix AZ
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 1999 02:03:10 -0700

On Sun, 12 Dec 1999 14:15:10 -0500 (EST), Wilson Rook wrote:
>There are, however,
>many others who have a drive for quality in every thing they do. They ask, how
>can my e-mail message be made better. In many cases html is a good choice.

>Since I'm the one who started all this..... THAT, I agree with! As tests showed
>the increased size isn't that great. Today disk space is cheap. Also the Internet
>backbone per a recent WSJ article is expanding in capacity much faster than even
>the rapid growth of traffic !

>Also different color texts can be helpful in separating parts of messages, or having
>original text your referring to in a different color than the response text so its
>easier to tell them apart etc.

>Plus I don't like to be like everyone else. If I can be creative and look a bit
>different I like the ability to do that!

>Dave in Phoenix, who asked the html question about colored backgrounds that
>started this!

Dave,

You realise that you are taking your life in your hands when you post to this mailing
list in HTML?!

As you see my reply is in ASCII because I haven't got your courage and I hope to
live to a ripe old age ...

You and I are probably the only subscribers to this mailing list that don't believe that
HTML e-mail will lead to the end of civilisation as we know it - tread carefully ...

David