Colored Backgrounds

Trevor Smith pmmail@rpglink.com
Mon, 13 Dec 1999 13:16:07 -0400 (AST)

On Mon, 13 Dec 1999 07:01:37 -0800, Steve Lamb wrote:

>    We're talking the availability of the resource, not the actual price or
>choice to buy it or not.  Bandwidth is not a limitless resource.  Power is not
>a limitless resource.

Exactly. Thanks.

Everyone probably realizes that, given time, if the market wants more
power or bandwidth, someone will produce and sell it.

We are arguing that at any given point in time (i.e. now) there is a
fixed amount of power or bandwidth. Leaving on every light and TV and
toaster in your home is a stupid waste of power. Adding 10%, 25%, 50%
or 200% (whatever it adds up to) to each of the millions (or is it
billions?) of email messages sent on the 'net each day by using HTML
is a stupid waste of bandwidth.

 Trevor Smith          | We've got a blind date with destiny,
 trevor@haligonian.com | and it looks like she's ordered
 www.haligonian.com    | the lobster.         - The Shoveler