HTMLised email

Trevor Smith pmmail@rpglink.com
Mon, 13 Dec 1999 13:49:18 -0400 (AST)

On Mon, 13 Dec 1999 10:47:44 +0100, Anders Gjerl v wrote:

>No. 1 is the below message. Indeed it contains two versions of the
>e-mail. One plaintext, and one HTML version.
>No. 2 is the exact same message, forwarded to myself, header removed
>(so that the mail itself contains the same amount of data), and HTML
>option turned off.
>
>3725 divided by 1734 is app. 2,15. The size is more than doubled!!

I sent my test of the email before reading Anders'. My test was done
by editing the original email and saving it as a new file without the
HTML attachment.

So, we can safely conclude, I think, that HTML can add between 64%
and 100% to the size of some typical email.

 Trevor Smith          | We've got a blind date with destiny,
 trevor@haligonian.com | and it looks like she's ordered
 www.haligonian.com    | the lobster.         - The Shoveler