Colored Backgrounds

Trevor Smith pmmail@rpglink.com
Mon, 13 Dec 1999 20:32:45 -0400 (AST)

On Mon, 13 Dec 1999 22:42:56, David Gaskill wrote:

>I am not too concerned about the link between myself and my ISP . At the
>moment it is a telephone line and I have not upgraded to ISDN because it seems
>to me that in a relatively short space of time a ASDL will make this type of
>connection obsolete.

My god man, where are you?!? ISDN is an early-90s technology. Nobody
in the civilized world has considered ISND for at least 3 yrs. :-)
(Just kidding folks, I realize not everyone is as fortunate as we in
Canada are.)

>It seems to me that there should be no difficulty in providing an adequate pipe
>between the boxes in the exchange and my ISP. I don't see that there is any
>theoretical limit to the number of routers my ISP can install. If he runs out of
>space he can simply get another building - in fact my ISP has just done this.

ISPs are connected by lines too. Those lines have a real limit at any
given point in time. Right now, there isn't enough for my liking. If
everyone started using HTML in email tomorrow, there would be less
bandwidth to go around.

 Trevor Smith          | We've got a blind date with destiny,
 trevor@haligonian.com | and it looks like she's ordered
 www.haligonian.com    | the lobster.         - The Shoveler