Colored Backgrounds

Trevor Smith pmmail@rpglink.com
Tue, 14 Dec 1999 09:06:06 -0400 (AST)

On Mon, 13 Dec 1999 19:14:19 -0800 (PST), Bill Wood wrote:

>No, you're not being naive, but some others are.
>Arthur C Clark wrote a book titled (I think, it's been
>many years), "You Can't Get There From Here". It
>chronicled the people who said it couldn't be done,
>that the sky was falling, that the world as we knew it
>was ending next Wednesday, etc. Just like this list, or
>some people on it. With remarkable uniformity,

The two "sides" in this argument are arguing about different things.

One side says available bandwidth will continue to increase forever.

The other side (which I'm on) says available bandwidth at *any given
time* (such as today) is fixed and therefore should not be wasted.

Please everyone, better understanding through grammar.

 Trevor Smith          | We've got a blind date with destiny,
 trevor@haligonian.com | and it looks like she's ordered
 www.haligonian.com    | the lobster.         - The Shoveler