Colored Backgrounds (or not...)

Steve Lamb pmmail@rpglink.com
Tue, 14 Dec 1999 08:55:46 -0800

Tuesday, December 14, 1999, 3:17:29 AM, Paul wrote:
> The visionaries predicted that space travel would/will enable us to whisk
> the willing excess population off to space-stations and new planets which
> are just waiting for our arrival. Do you see that in the next few years?

    Unfortunately not.  *grumble, grumble*  I'm still looking at all the
different ventures to get into space for a few $k per trip.  Darn it, I wanna
live out there.  *sigh*

    Bet the connection sucks though.  I mean, can you imagine trying to
communicate with Earth when you and all the others on Mars colony are limited
to 600bps.

    Oh, darn, there's that damned bandwidth limitation again.  Fooie.

    As an aside, did you know that TCP/IP won't work over intrastellar space?
The time factor causes a problem since the ack/nack is too long in coming
back.  Of course, there are already groups working on specifications for an
intrastellar network protocol.  ;)