In the beginning...

Michael Vislocky pmmail@rpglink.com
Wed, 15 Dec 1999 11:05:29 -0500

The first printed electronic messages were all upper case and no
punctuation.

Some could argue that is all we really need.

Now we have lower case and punctuation as tools that most authors use
to make content look better.  Some don't use these tools very well.
Messages posted in all upper case get immediate complaints.  Many
messages contain formatting styles, spelling, grammar, and punctuation
that may actually detract from the readability of the message and
obscure the content.

The ultimate responsibility for the message is, of course, the
author's.  Some authors will misuse any tool they have.  With more
tools, the results can be very bad.

But the availability of tools should not be limited because of those
who don't know how or when to use them.  The worst offenders will be
scolded just like those who write in upper case, and eventually the
available formatting tools will be employed for the better.

So in my opinion (and this is the reason for posting to this list) the
HTML formatting in PMMail should be completed.  I want to be able to
use underlining, bold, and maybe even color.

I DEFINITELY THINK IT WOULD BE BETTER THAN USING ASTERISKS FOR
*EMPHASIS* STOP

MIKE VISLOCKY