Wish List for PMMail

John Bridges pmmail@rpglink.com
Wed, 15 Dec 1999 13:36:28 -0800

On Wed, 15 Dec 1999 14:56:20 -0500 (EST), Ralph Cohen wrote:

>So, please send in your suggestions and let's see if we can't get
>PMMail out of its year-long holding pattern and back to being an
>innovative piece of software whose authors are quick to respond to the
>needs of the users.

Considering the silence that seems unlikely.

Anyway, things I'd like to see (that have not already been mentioned, such as
IMAP):

Don't wrap URLs!!  If it begins with HTTP, don't wrap it.

At least try to handle wrapped URLs in a recieved message (if last character
of URL is punc, and there are no trailing spaces or leading spaces on next
line, append the beginning of the next line onto the URL).

Speed up startup code, with 800meg of messages it takes quite a long time to
start PMMail (I have a fairly fast machine with lots of ram). Harddisk space
is cheap, it's become common to keep all mail.

If no subject is given on a message that has an attachment, use the
attachment name as a subject with "File: Filename.ext".