Wish List Another Beginning

Cristian Secara pmmail@rpglink.com
Thu, 16 Dec 1999 04:37:56 +0200

On Wed, 15 Dec 1999 16:31:18 -0500, Jimmy McCorquodale wrote:

>New build will be released soon (fixes).

There is one bug, PGP-signature related, that affects high-bit ASCII
characters (PMMail 2000 Pro).

Few days ago I wrote a message in german language, using german
national characters (=E4, =F6, =FC, =DF).
Signing (and sending) that message, I found by chance that my (already
sent) message had all national characters corrupted, something like
=3D84, =3D81, =3DE1 instead.
Further testings revealed that the only way to keep the characters
unchanged, was PMMail -> Properties -> Encoding format =3D Quoted
printable AND 'Do not perform character set translation' box left
unchecked (off ? I suspect this switch acts inverse). This was the only
valid version, out of four possible.
Corruption was also not similar on all tests, it depends on the above
settings combination.

That message and all tests with PMMail -> Properties -> Default
character set =3D ISO 8859-2 (Latin 2).
Without signing, national characters were not corrupted in any way.

Best wishes,
	Cristi