Wish List Another Beginning

Steve Wendt pmmail@rpglink.com
Wed, 15 Dec 1999 20:38:30 -0800 (PST)

On Wed, 15 Dec 1999 16:31:18 -0500, Jimmy McCorquodale wrote:

>2. A way to save one's work in the middle of an e-mail, but continue working on
>it, like you have in most word-processors.

The current Draft method works well for me...

>3. Have a timeout/Stop feature for when fetching mail

Good idea.  Interrupted fetches require you to close and re-start the program
currently...

>4. Ability to leave the 'reply to' field blank when setting up an account

I always wondered why both were required.

>5. When forwarding mails, it should be able to only include selected text as
>quotation ... like we have for reply

And, how about an option to trim the headers in the forwarded message down to
just From, To, Date, and Subject?  I frequently do this manually.  The only time I
want full headers is when I am reporting spammers.  Actually, I see this is in #48
below.

>11.  PMMail seems to DL all messages before deleting them from the server.
>Have this changed to where it downloads a few then deletes them.  Then
>downloads more

Yes, this has been a problem for me... if I'm away for a day, then download my
mail, it is very annoying to get 299 out of 300 messages, have my ISP hang up on
me for some reason, then have to download 300 messages again.  :(

>18.  Ability to enter multiple addressbook aliases into the To: field separated by
>commas without hitting return after each one.

That is what most e-mail programs do (and not just for aliases, but for any
address), so that would be nice...

>26.  When attachments are saved to a folder from PMMail/2 they will overwrite
>existing files with the same name *without* prompting for confirmation. There
>should be a confirmation dialog to alert people that they are
>about to overwrite a file.

I've seen this one...

>37  Add IMAP support

That's the big one... :)

>48  I forward a message, currently the full header is included and quoted. IMO
>it would be better to default to skipping everything but ""From"", ""To"",
>""Date"" and ""Subject"" and not to quote this in the same manner as the body
>And let's add a switch to be able to include  the complete header.

I see I'm not the only one... :)

>67  Netscape integration for OS/2

Yes!

>75  Drag attachments out of the attachments pane (to the desktop, etc)

This works fine in OS/2...

>90  Ability to edit a message in the outbox.  For example I put a message in the
>outbox to send, but then see an error and would like to be able to correct it.

As long as it hasn't been sent yet, just open it, change it, and hit Send.

How to change them is in the online help.

>97  I would like to see an implied domain feature added. I am a convert from

The implied domain is the one for your SMTP server.  :)

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly,
while bad people will find a way around the laws."
     - Plato (427-347 B.C.)