Wish List for PMMail II

Steve Wendt pmmail@rpglink.com
Thu, 16 Dec 1999 00:05:31 -0800 (PST)

On Wed, 15 Dec 1999 23:55:00 -0800 (PST), Atomic Frog wrote:

>open/expanded or closed). Currently, it always "opens" all account
>folders, subsequently, I get a big list of Account1->Inbox,Outbox,Sent

A work-around is to put a password on the seldomly used accounts.  Then they
won't open.  :)

>- Text colour can be customized.

You can do this now.  Open the Color Palette, and Ctrl-drag the color you want
to the editor window.

>- Put the "Explorer URL" option back where it was! (On the RMB popup
>menu, the option immediately next is "Copy" and "Explore URL" is one
>up. This one little item caused me a lot of hassle when upgraded to 2.10!

I think I was the first to publicly complain about this one... :)

>works, and looks good. But the next time I open PMMail/2, it reverts to
>whatever colour in the Solid palette that it decides is a good substitute.

Hmmm... maybe it's true for what I said above, then.  Haven't tested it.

>- Right mouse button pop-up menu doesn't work unless you have a Canned
>Reply defined for the account.

That one took a while to find... :)

>Right that's it. I hope BluePrint doesn't take this list as a sign that
>I'm dissatisfied with PMMail/2. Far from it! One of the nicest, bug
>free pieces of software I have.

I agree.  The biggest problem I've had is that when the computer freezes (I'm
blaming Netscape, until I know better) while PMMail is in the midst of doing
something, the Inbox folder gets all scrambled.  Re-indexing only partially fixes it.
I had to delete the folder.bag file, and then re-index.

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly,
while bad people will find a way around the laws."
     - Plato (427-347 B.C.)