Wish List Another Beginning

Bill Wood pmmail@rpglink.com
Fri, 17 Dec 1999 08:00:38 -0800 (PST)

On Fri, 17 Dec 1999 15:47:47, Paul Hodges wrote:

>On Fri, 17 Dec 1999 07:34:33 -0800 (PST), Bill Wood wrote:
>
>>  How do I do this (sorry to ask stupid questions).
>
>You don't; your client (PMMail) does, by sending the command QUIT. Or
>it would if a proposed change was made.  If you are using remote
>control, PMMail logs on and quits each time you press the zigzag
>button to do something, but if you are downloading all your mail
>automatically, then this is all done in one logon.
>
>POP3 servers only actually delete mail when they receive a QUIT
>command, which is why a broken (modem) connection before that point
>is a pain; PMMail automatically quitting and restarting from time to
>time would lessen this pain.
>
>Paul Hodges
>QBS Software Ltd

====

Let me see if I understand this. Ignoring remote
control, the POP3 server will delete
marked-for-deletion msgs if it receives a QUIT command
from the client, but the current PMMail client offers
no user control over this feature. But, to do so is on
our proposed improvement list, so that, for example, we
could QUIT and then relogon every so many (per setup)
msgs.

Is this it?

w3