Wish List Another Beginning

Steve Lamb pmmail@rpglink.com
Fri, 17 Dec 1999 08:23:41 -0800

Friday, December 17, 1999, 7:22:49 AM, Jonathan wrote:
> we are discussing ways to make the POP3 downloads work better.

    *cough*  Not from my perspective.  *cough*

> I don't really see IMAP4 replacing POP3 for most people in the near future,
> it forces the ISP to store messages on their servers (we all know how often
> people clean out their mailboxes).

    No.  It *allows* people to store messages on their ISPs server.  It
doesn't *require* them to do so.  Witness TB! whose IMAP implementation is
nothing more than a glorified POP3.

> Re. the subject, it is not a "nice and easy way around" if the ISP or
> company servers don't support IMAP4.

    Just deal with it.

    That is from a man who gets 600 messages *A DAY* on average for the past 2
years and had a lot of that time over a modem with all of its problems.