Windows 2000

Gregory L. Marx pmmail@rpglink.com
Mon, 27 Dec 1999 19:32:52 -0500

On Mon, 27 Dec 1999 09:04:48 -0800 (PST), Rodney D. Myers wrote:

>On 27-Dec-1999 David Gaskill wrote:
>
>Why should blueprint fix a micro$oft problem?

* snip *

Rodney,

No disrespect intended but I think you're way off base with this one.

From my experience with Win2k and PMMail 2000 the problems are strictly on PMMail's shoulders, NOT
Microsoft. And you don't know how painful it is for me say that.  I sometimes think we are WAY TOO quick to
blame MS for any and all problems related to Windows software.

FYI ...

The problem I was having was very simple.  I have an account with AT&T Worldnet with which they supply six
different email addesses.  Three addresses are currently used by my wife and myself.  Whenever I would
manually select "Fetch" for *ANY* of the three accounts I had set up with PMMail, and after two out of
whatever amount of messages where downloaded, PMMail would crash, Dr. Watson would popup, and then
PMMail would close down.

It was completely random.
It would download all messages just fine for days, and then *boom* crash and burn.
Sometimes a simple reboot would appear to fix.
Other times not.

I played email-tag with tech support from Blueprint Software with no success whatsoever.

Now, I went back to using PMMail 98 with NO PROBLEMS WHATSOEVER !!!
Same configuation.
Same method of retrieval of messages.

Sounds like a PMMail 2000 problem to me ...
Just food for thought ...

Gregory L. Marx
skidmarx@att.net