Folder Arrow wont disapperar

Jon Etkins PMMAIL Discussion List <PMMAIL-L@VM.EGE.EDU.TR>
Fri, 26 Feb 1999 14:05:16 -0600

On Fri, 26 Feb 1999 13:13:52 +0100, Joerg Bencke wrote:

>I use PMMail98 and since a hang, there is an arrow as icon for the
>inbox. Changing color but not icon itself :-(
>DO you have any tips ?

I had the same problem exactly one year ago today!  Perhaps we should
christen this the Day 57 bug. :)

I asked the same question of the list, and received the information
below.  I changed field 8, but was subsequently informed that I should
have changed field 6 and that PMMail would then have adjusted the icon
itself, so I went back in and changed field 6, too.

Good luck!

Cheers,
  Jon.

On Thu, 26 Feb 1998 23:49:23 +1100, Jon Etkins wrote:

>While downloading mail the other day, my system locked solid, requiring
>a hard reset.  When I restarted PMMail, I discovered that one of my
>subfolders needed reindexing.  Hardly surprising, since it was one that
>receives a large quantity of mail each day.  I reindexed, and the
>folder is now OK, but the parent folder's icon is stuck on the
>45-degree arrow, indicating that there is unread mail in a subfolder.
>I've now reindexed every subfolder in it, and there are no unread
>messages in any of them, but still this damned icon indicates that
>there are.
>
>I presume the state of the icon is held in the .ini file of the parent
>folder.  Is this the case, and if so, which bit do I flip to reset the
>damned thing?
>
>Thanks in advance,
>  Jon Etkins      | There are two major products to come out of Berkeley:
>  (Team OS/2)     |    LSD and UNIX.
>  eccles@mira.net | We don't believe this to be a coincidence.

I had this happen recently and fixed it by following this info.

"Jay's input put me on to the solution.  I had to mannualy change my
folder.ini for the folder that was showing new mail when there was
none. Once it was corrected the account icon corrected itself.

Here is my interpretation of the folder.ini:

It has 8 fields as far as I could see.

Field 1:
The folder's title used in Pmmail

Field 2:
(It looks to me to be PMmails numerical id for this folder -
I think Jay was on the right track - regarding "1" for inbox
and "2" for Outbox.  Seems like "3" for Sent Mail, and "4"
for Trash.  Perhaps higher numbers are arbitrary.

Field 3:
(NOT SURE) Seems to have something to do with the tree view
status of the folder - I did not track down the numerical coding

Filed 4: Sort order of the folder - listed by first to last
criterias - separated by colons with: 0=Read Status,
1= Attatchments, 2= DatE & Time of Message, 3= Date & Time
recieved, 4= Subject 5=From Email Address, 6= From Real Name,
7= To Email Address, 8=To Email, 9= Size

Field 5:
Ascending or Descending Sort order, 0=Ascending, 1= Descending

Field 6:
Folder indicates unopened mail. 0=No, 1=Yes

Field 7:
Folder indicates any mail.  0=No, 1=Yes

Field 8:
Folder icon
0 through 3 = Folder:  0 = Yellow, 1 = Red, 2 = Green
3 through 5 = Arrow:  3 =  Yellow, 4 = Red, 5 = Green

Joseph F. Junker P.E., Industrial Energy Engineer"

Nigel

Nigel J. Clarke