Splitting out PMMail

Darren V. Croft pmmail@rpglink.com
Wed, 30 Jun 1999 17:41:17 -0600

>    You're not going to break into the free monolith market with a pay
>monolith.  What do *you* thing the target audience is?

I think their best bet for revenue at the moment is upgrade dollars
from current customers.

The next market I would try and go after is soho. Places who don't want
to deal with exchange or notes but who need something better than
Netscape or AOL. To compete in that market PMMail needs an elegant,
easy to use, reliable product. It needs to be marketed to that segment
and probably needs to be bundled with a mail server that meets the same
criteria.

By the way, I don't see the external editor interface as elegant.
Ingeneous yes, but not elegant, not something you look forward to
using.