Splitting out PMMail

Paul Wiener pmmail@rpglink.com
Wed, 30 Jun 1999 16:58:21 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 30 Jun 1999 10:28:52 -0700, Steve Lamb wrote:

>    Then remove the spell checker and replace it with aspell which is LGPL'd.
>No offense to Bob & Ike, but the spell checker sucks rocks.  I much prefer
>ispell, which is no longer supported, and aspell, which is the replacement
>for
>ispell.  Since aspell is LGPL'd they can legally link to it.  I also think,
>again, that they can distribute it provided they make the source accessable.
>This, again, gives us a better product while reducing the programming
>responsibilities of them.

I prefer SpellGuard for OS/2 and SpellCheck for Windows. They allow
real time spelling intervention instead of batch checking at the end of
a document. It may seem intrusive at first, but you actually learn to
spell much more quickly when you're corrected *at the moment* you make
the mistake. That's the way brains are hard wired.

They're both commercial products, but maybe they'd cut a deal.

--
"Paul Wiener" <paulish@paulish.com>