Splitting out PMMail

Nuclear Bob pmmail@rpglink.com
Thu, 1 Jul 1999 10:59:10 -0700 (PDT)

	We could argue till....well, the cows come home about the merits of
integration or not! But that's not going to change the fact that each of
us have some very subjective preferences.

	A more elegant solution would be to make a modular install for
PMMail so that I can have PMMail with a built-in editor or not. True, it
won't free up more of the programmer's time, but it will save you "bloat"
if that's what you want.

	I don't agree with the argument of "one editor for all". I like to
use a different editor for different things. The very top, most bloated
one, of course, is called a word processor. Programming, I go with EPM or
MED, FED, etc. Dicking with my CONFIG.SYS file, I stick with plain old E.
Does it require me to learn yet another editor for PMMail? NO. Because,
frankly, all I ask for is that the cursor goes where I click the mouse,
the "up" key moves the cursor up, the backspace does what it says, etc.
Frankly, apart from vi, these commands seem to be common across all
editors. I don't need any "advanced" functions to type e-mail.

	Anyways, part of the argument is very subjective. PMMail is the
way it is RIGHT NOW. Feel free to make recommendations, but if you don't
like what PMMail does, you are free to switch mail clients. elm, pine,
etc. have all been ported to OS/2, and they obviously use the *NIX style
of calling up an external editor.

Isaac