GAAAA!!! NOOOOOO!!!!!

Chris Adams pmmail@rpglink.com
Thu, 01 Jul 1999 15:41:29 -0700

On Thu, 01 Jul 1999 15:24:46 -0700, Steve Lamb wrote:

>    Yeash, I'm only 26, I'm too darned young to be a curmudgeon.  Yet I just
>realized that I'm about the only one in this list who stand by the standards
>and conventions that the 'net has been using for years.  *sigh*  Help...  :)

There are others around here and yes, most of us thought we were too
young to be curmudgeons as well. Just be thankful you aren't doing tech
support for WebTV.

(We just setup an announcement mailing list for one of our customers. All
they have to do is put their email address in a box and hit the subscribe
button. Since last night - 41 subscribers, 13 bounces due to bad
addresses. We've gotten more than a few usernames (sans @aol.com) and one
guy who tried username.yahoo.com. I'm readying the new, even more
nazi-like verification script - this beast will actually contact their
mail host and verify the email address before continuing.  The lusers
made me do it! <evil grin>)

PGP Public Key Fingerprint: A39A 4042 4421 7B02  6A94 0347 D46E 8234