Fwd: Re: formatting and addresses

Lynlee pmmail@rpglink.com
Thu, 01 Jul 1999 19:45:20 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 01 Jul 1999 15:02:42 -0700 (PDT), Bill Wood wrote:

| ========
|
| No that's not what happens. The default on my PMMail read window is WYSIWYG. When I get a paragraph without hard returns it wraps to fit my window. 100 percent of the time, everytime. If I change the size of the read window the text reflows properly.  In discussions with others, the behavior is the same for most (incl non-PMMail) readers, except for a friend who uses some weird AOL/Windows reader that wraps on its own every 128 characters or so.

As you can see Bill..  There is only ONE quote mark before the first
character of the 400+ character line of text, for the several viewable
lines of text, because you do it the way ya do..  :)

All I see in the _edit_ window is up to 'window is W' in the first part
of the line..  The rest is off the right side of the edit window.  The
edit window doesn't have a horizontal scroll bar.  I have to hit the
[end] key or use the CNTL+arrow key to view the text in order to refer
back to it to respond.  OR I can jump to the READ window, find the right
part in the text to read then jump back to the edit window to
continue....  neither are comfy.  ::scratching head wondering whats so
hard about hitting enter at 74 characters more or less..::

Peace.. -<-*				Lynlee

PS. if you still don't see what I'm talkin about, take it into
EPM or the system editor, E.