Fwd: gas prices

Ray pmmail@rpglink.com
Sat, 03 Jul 99 08:19:22 -0500

On Sat, 03 Jul 1999 03:30 -0700 (PDT), Listar wrote:

><BODY BGCOLOR=3D"#FFFFFF">
>><TT>We are so lucky<BR>
>><BR>
>===================END FORWARDED MESSAGE===================
>
>I just received (in PMMail/2) the message whose beginning is duplicated
>above. I've snipped out irrelevant parts of the header as well as most
>of the message body.
>
>I'm sure that the preface about my mail program's not understanding
>MIME was not typed in by the sender, but was inserted automatically by
>the sender's mail software (apparently Outlook Express for the Mac) and
>was designed to be invisible if my mail client displayed HTML
>formatting.
>
>I fired back a rather snotty reply to the effect that my mail program
>was, in fact, *fully* conversant with MIME and that the problem, which
>had nothing to do with MIME, was that the sender's message contained
>HTML code (which it obviously does) and that I choose not to use a mail
>program that displays HTML or RTF formatting.

This started happening to me a few months ago, and I
was as indignant as you.  When I posted to usenet
about it I was told that in fact the MIME standard
seems to have changed, at least for HTML files, and
that later versions of PMMail will be updated
accordingly (may even be the case for 2.0, but I'm
waiting for the next upgrade.)  Until then, I'm asking
folks to send me html files zipped, since this still
seems to work.

-Ray Tennenbaum