Fwd: Re: formatting and addresses

Dave Liquorice pmmail@rpglink.com
Sat, 03 Jul 1999 21:52:18 +0100 (BST)

On Sat, 03 Jul 1999 05:01:44 -0700, Steve Lamb wrote:

>> The big problem with this is that you don't know that the reflow
>> munged the lines so you unknowingly send badly formatted messages.
>
> So.  By not reflowing at all you're willingly sending badly formatted
> messages.

I am reflowing using a fixed pitch font, a <80 character window and
WYSIWYG. At least I then see what is going to be sent.

> By sending WYSIWYG with larger than 80 characters on the window you're
> willingly sending badly formatted messages.

This is true but *I* don't do that.

> Gee, kinda makes the arguement for an external editor by default,
> doesn't it?  One that wraps properly at 72-78 and shows that up front.

Not really, the internal one works well enough when set up properly and
it is a darn sight easier to setup properly than joe for OS/2.

Cheers
Dave.