Netscape integration (or whither Southsoft ?)

Darin McBride pmmail@rpglink.com
Fri, 09 Jul 1999 08:39:44 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 08 Jul 1999 20:35:22 -0700, Steve Lamb wrote:

>>the protected kernel (which, curiously, appears to be copied from OS/2 - so >what does that tell you about Microsoft's ability to engineer a product).
>
>   Funny, I thought the kernel was protected from the days of Unix.  What
>does that say about IBM?

I really doubt it.  At the time, Unix couldn't thread.  There is a
serious redesign between the unix kernals and the OS/2 (and NT) kernal.
 This is primarily because the 386 hardware's protection scheme is, of
course, all screwed up (compared to the RISC chips).