Netscape integration (or whither Southsoft ?)

Bill Wood pmmail@rpglink.com
Sat, 10 Jul 1999 20:11:49 -0700 (PDT)

On Sun, 11 Jul 1999 03:17:37 +0300, Cristian Secara
wrote:

>On Sat, 10 Jul 99 10:15:18, John Drabik wrote:
>
>>Then again, perhaps it's the OS: the 486 is
>>running OS/2, the Pentiums were running NT.
>
>The Win / OS/2 speed difference seems something PMMail related,
>however, I am not the right person to appreciate that.
>Please note, on short messages (like most messages on this list, for
>example) PMMail98 is fast (a 'normal' fastness). It appears lazily to
>the human operator on message larger than 15k approx and increases
>proportional with the message length.

et cetera

=================

I just love these OS2 vs MS discussions. I use OS2
because I've gone to the trouble to learn how to use it
.. not altogether straightfoward.  I happen to think
that OS2 is more of a real operating system than Win9x
or NT (but not as real as, say, UnixWare), but I admit
to not spending equal time on MS products and somewhat
rely on hearsay. And I pay a price in compatibility
with the world's main stream, and so do you. I'm a DoD
consultant and they have standardize on Win95, but the
people I work with know me and make allowances.

But I do not use MS products. Even my DOS is PC-DOS.
The reason is that MS is a criminal Corporation in my
view, and it is simply not right to support them. Tens
of millions of hours of peoples' lives have been wasted
because of them and their enforced incompatibilities
over the years. Not to mention everything else evil
that they do.

But you can be my confessional. Forgive me for I have
sinned. I do use Win95 to play games. May God help me.

w3

Bill Wood
5268 Drifting Dunes Dr
Las Vegas,  89149-6499