Netscape integration (or whither Southsoft ?)

John Drabik pmmail@rpglink.com
Sun, 11 Jul 99 10:32:52

On Sat, 10 Jul 1999 19:53:22 +0100 (CET), Menno Tillema wrote:

>On Sat, 10 Jul 1999 12:41:51 -0400 (EDT), Ralph Cohen wrote:
>
>   > PMMail/2 already does this.  If you open the PMMail->Settings
>   > selection, on the General page there is an option to "Minimize To

Ah, I'm basing my comments on V1.53 (never could get 1.9x to install,
it kept cross-referencingy totally unrelated files.  For example,
after installing 1.95, about a dozen DLLs from the OS/2 DLL directory
showed up in my "Inbox".  VERY disconcerting, to say the least (and
you sure as heck don't want to press the "Delete" button on them!!!).
 I ended up going back to 1.53.  And in case you didn't guess, the
settings you described aren't available in 1.53 (you can change the
folder flag for "Read" status, but the RMB trick doesn't work).  And
also, note that the requested change (get rid of the Unread flag)
would only apply to the Trash folder; if I've thrown away junk mail,
why do I care whether it is read or not?  It's more a distracting
nuisance than anything else, but I'd rather not see the status
whether I'm looking at the folder in the container window, or even if
I'm in the trash bin itself.

Despite the problems, PMMail is still the best client I've seen, on
any platform, so I'll definitely buy the new version.

John