PMMail/2 and Broken Telephone Connectinons

Agents pmmail@rpglink.com
Tue, 13 Jul 1999 16:24:19 -0500

I have a problem with PMMail/2 1.96 and broken telephone connections to the internet.

Quite often the 28.8 kbps phone connection goes down while PMMail/2 is in the process of retrieving messages at that time.
As soon as the connection is broken, InJoy/2 redials and re-establishes the connection.  Unfortunately PMMail/2 never
recovers and I have to shut it down and restart it in order to continue to retrieve messages.

Clearly this is time consuming and extremely annoying.  Since this is a universal problem I would like to hear if this complaint
has been passed on to Southsoft previously and if they showed any interest in addressing it.  I have not had any luck.

Hakan